Pages

Monday 29 October 2012


Sally Bettridge: I produce a wide range of slip decorated, high fired earthenware as well as new range of porcelain pieces. I employ techniques in my pieces, such as throwing, casting and slip trailing, apply them to a contemporary design approach, resulting in functional domestic ware which has a specific food related use.
I make my pieces in batches of the same form. In the case of mugs, this can take up to five days to complete before they can be dried, fired to biscuit temperature, glazed and then fired to glaze temperature on small individual trivets. The trivets allow the base of the piece to be glazed and thus the slip decoration design covers the whole form.
These forms are intended to enhance the users enjoyment of food!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment